Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Record Store Day = Big Time, on Hipster Puppies


UPDATE: Apparently HipsterPuppies.com doesn't like having its photo (which is user-submitted, anyway) on my site, as they keep blowing the link. Cool, guys! I'm sure all those people who took pictures of the dogs and sent them to you knew you'd use them just like this!

Quick post: I've really been neglecting this blog, but I've been on a money-saving, no-record-buying stint lately, since Record Store Day extracted far too much money from me.

But - BUT! - I hope to change that soon. As in the next few days, and for sure by the weekend.

In the meantime, check out HipsterPuppies.com, which is among the hipster-oriented Tumblr-type blogs that came around once "Look at this f-cking hipster" made it big. There's UnhappyHipsters.com and 'Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) is a f-cking hipster' the only of the meme, I believe, to be devoted to a member of Congress.

So, check those out. Why am I posting this (these blogs and this photo?) For one, I enjoy them. Two, here's the caption from the above photo:

"gatsby really “supported” record store day, but uses amazon the other 364 days of the year"

I thought it was funny -- and a reminder to not be like Gatsby... the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment