Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Diggin' now: Erykah Badu's non-nude news


There's been enough made about Erykah Badu's (for-some-reason) controversial video for 'Window Seat' in which she *GASP* apparently (I haven't seen it) strips down in the streets of Houston, Texas and pretends to reenacts the assassination of JFK.

Right. Well, I've never really considered myself a card-carrying members of the culture police, so I won't start now. But what I will do is make a HUGE plug for Badu's new album which has been in heavy, heavy, heavy rotation since Thursday. Aside from her well-known and amazing vocal chops, the smooth beats are so textured, in a contradictory kind of way. Know what I mean?

Anyway, above is 'Turn Me Away (Get Munny)' -- one, and probably my favorite, track off the album New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh. Check it out. Soon-ish to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment