Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Record Store Day - Crate digger flare

Record Store Day 2010 is less than a week away and I've been trying to plan my route (re: plan of attack). Now, I know there's a lot to this day, but I'm admittedly a bit of a new addition to the droves. I didn't have my record player last April, so this will be the first for me since I really got into this record collecting thing. Also, it's my first since I moved to D.C.

What this means is:
1) At least the very beginning of my Record Store Day will be focused on a getting my hands on a few of the special releases -- I'm talking about YOU Flaming Lips 'Dark Side of the Moon' LP.
2) I really don't know what to expect from the D.C. crate-digger-types. The record fair in February was more packed than I would've guessed. But I'm trying to decide how early to show up for a 10 a.m. or 11 a.m. opening. I've had 8 a.m. or earlier suggest -- which I'm OK with -- and I've also gotten an 'honestly don't know.'
3) I'm still not familiar enough with all the stores here to simply pick a store or two or three and know what I'll be getting myself into and what to expect.

So, here's my crate digger flare, seeking assistance from any like-minded-types who may stumble across this site. If you're in D.C., let me know in the comments what to expect, if you can. If you're not, just tell me what you think. I'm looking to be among the first in line -- or in the first group -- wherever I go. So, fellow crate diggers, what's your Record Store Day plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment