Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Diggin' now... Fang Island



It's been a while since I've had something new to recommend, but I came across this self-titled album from a band called Fang Island yesterday and thought I had to share. The song/video above is 'Life Coach' and it's one of my more favorite tracks on the album. Also, as you may already know form clicking play, the video is pretty ridiculous as well.

The whole album is pretty good, and worth checking out, I'd say. It's got a good mix of more traditional rock, with some heavy noise, scuzzy sounds mixed it. It got a solid 8.3 and a 'Best New Music' rating from Pitchfork, if you're into that sort of thing. Or, if you like to pretend you're not, that's cool too. Basically, for me, if something gets a really good rating from Pitchfork I check it out. And yeah, I can admit that. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. This time I did, and, well, here we are.

1 comment:

  1. I hate Pitchfork, but I still love reading it. You should check out the new White Stripes live album. Vinyl is nice, and its rockin!

    ReplyDelete